Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Life... and Spiderman 3

I just wanted to get down some quick thoughts... I've taken a bunch more pictures and videos from this past weekend... just haven't had the time to put them up and write a proper blog... suffice to say that Queen's Day celebrations were an incredible, unforgettable experience!

Chrystal and I saw Spiderman 3 last night, and sadly, I was disappointed. It was easily the worst of the 3 movies. Thankfully, the movie experience itself was great! We decided to splurge a little to celebrate Chrystal's first day on the job (yesterday). We opted for the loveseat package at the theatre which is located in a balcony, complete with bottle of wine and snacks! I tell you, the Dutch know how to do it. If North American theatres took a lesson, they might not find their numbers lagging.

And a word about the food. The thing I love about it is how fresh and real everything is - from the bread to the coffee to the meats. Example: In Canada, I'm used to "Cool Whip" on my desserts... and what's that made of? Vegetable oil or something? Here, when your pie comes with whipped cream, it is actually whipped cream!
Also, there are "fairly-traded" and organic alternatives to just about anything you can buy... there's even an all-organic outdoor market.

I also love picking up a 12 of Heineken at the grocery store for 5 bucks!

No comments: